Job: First XV Coach – specific responsibility for overseeing backline division. This is an excellent opportunity for any Level II coaches who are looking to expand their experience. We are looking for a coach who has previously worked with backline players in developing attacking play. This position offers the opportunity to work with elite female athletes in a World Cup year.
Qualification: UKCC Level II (club will support working towards Level III)
Duration: Appointed in August 2013 for the 2013/14 domestic league season September 2013 to January 2014. Training is on Tuesday and Thursday nights, matches are on Sundays.
Location: Richmond Rugby Club
Profile: Richmond Women’s First XV have been the Premiership champions 3 times in the last 4 years. Richmond WRFC are the largest senior women’s club in the UK and are fully integrated with the club, and run three senior women’s sides, each of which compete within the three top levels of domestic competition.
The current First XV consists of 26 players all of whom are engaged in international representative elite player pathways and who in the 2013/2014 season are preparing for a season which will culminate in the Women’s World Cup 2014. The players involved in the First XV squad are talented female athletes currently playing at the top of the women’s game.
Reports to: Head Coach Women’s Section and Director of Rugby
Salary: Expenses will be covered.
Purpose of the position:
- Opportunity to work with the Head coach to assist in the planning and delivery of an effective high quality training and development programme to prepare the First XV for domestic premiership competition in the forthcoming season
- Specific oversight and planning of attacking backs play, management of individual backline player development plans and selection and feedback to Team England coaching staff
- Work with Head Coach on the development of team tactics, video analysis, competition strategy and game planning
- Specific responsibility for managing and delivering high quality coaching sessions for the First XV backs on a weekly basis and attend First XV fixtures
- Work with Head Coach to prepare and deliver monthly and session based training plans
- Work with Head coach to co-ordinate and provide appropriate individual technical feedback and provide individual player goal setting and end of season formal review of performance
- Engage and consult with other section coaches on selection matters and identification of talented players suitable for progression to the First XV squad
- Liaise with section coaches to identify potential players for RFU Divisional pathway, and progression to the England elite player pathway
Closing date: July 31, 2013
How to apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your coaching CV. To answer any immediate queries, please contact Head Coach Karen Findlay on 07818 017804.
31 July 2013
31 July 2013