Job Title: Wasps Ladies 1st XV and 2nd XV coaches (3 positions –1st head and assistant coaches, 2nd assistant coach)
Location: Twyford Avenue, Acton, London
Hours: training Tuesday and Thursday evenings, games Sunday and additional time to plan sessions and review games.
Closing Date: Friday, July 5, practical sessions will be held w/c July 8
Contract: initially 12 months after trial period
Wasps Ladies FC was set up in 1984 and have competed at the top level of the women’s game, producing many internationals players throughout that time. We currently have many representative players including 4 in the England Elite set up as well as players representing Scotland, England U20s, the Army, ex-internationals and those involved in the regional and county set ups. As a coach you will have access to the England Women’s coach CPD days (usually 2 per season) as well as have regular contact with the England Women’s Coaches.
We are looking for experienced backs coaches for both the 1st and 2nd teams, sessions are usually integrated so you will be coaching a range of levels from international players to those who could be fairly new to the game. Ideally you will have a Level 2 Rugby Union Coaching Qualification, and be looking to progress your coaching career gaining experience of coaching elite players. It is not necessary to have experience of coaching women’s rugby, but an awareness of the women’s game will help.
- Plan and deliver club training sessions alongside other coaches
- Work with other coaches to carry out team selection, provide video analysis and individual player feedback
- Commitment to progress players skill levels, understandings of the game and develop team play and game plan
- Provide individual player goal setting and feedback
- Liaise with RFU elite and regional coaches to identify and develop players and provide feedback on those currently in the set-up
- Commitment to furthering coaching skills through the RFU CPD programme
- At least Level 2 Rugby Union Coaching Qualification (for both 1st XV and 2nd XV roles)
- Experience of planning, leading and delivering coaching sessions
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Understanding of tactics and strategies
- Working within different club structures and varying coaching style based on players and experience
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter, specifying which role you would prefer to be considered for to Christina Lee – Tinalee87@hotmail.co.uk. You may be asked to attend a practical coaching session in the pre-season period.
07 July 2013
05 July 2013