At Fareham Heathens we aspire to play a style of rugby that allows players to develop, whatever their standard. Players are given the freedom to play what is in front of them and express themselves – what we call ‘heads-up’ rugby. We are also proud of being one of the first in Hampshire to be successfully awarded RFU Club Accreditation.
Currently competing in London & SE Division - Snows Group Hampshire 2, we regularly field two Senior teams supported by a fruitful Colts Development squad. Fareham Heathens has the desire to progress back up the league structure and compete within the London Leagues and seek to appoint a dedicated, effective and innovative coaching staff to assist in this progress.
Player development is at the centre of all we do, with delivery from qualified and RFU licensed coaches. Candidates should be a rugby specialist with existing knowledge of club infrastructures; it is essential the candidate can lead safe, stimulating and varied sessions, as well as demonstrate the ability to lead a team both on and off the pitch.
The successful candidate will create a player environment that motivates and stimulates growth, as well as upholds strong moral standards that we believe are vital.
You’ll need to:
- Hold an RFU UKCC Level 2 Coaching Rugby Union Award
- Hold a current RFU Coaching License
- Be enthusiastic and willing to develop and attend Continuous Personal Development sessions
- Be confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be committed to fair play and upholding the Core Values of rugby
- Be able to constructively provide player feedback on performance and areas of improvement
- Be well-organised and a good timekeeper
- Be approachable with excellent people management skills
What you’ll do:
- Responsible to the Head Coach for delivery of backline orientated training sessions
- Provide the Head Coach with analysis of backline performance aiding in selection/development
- Plan and run safe, effective training sessions in line with the Annual Coaching Strategy
- Work with relevant volunteers to recruit players and retain players
- Build team spirit and encourage participation
- Develop individuals’ skill and confidence
- Assist the Head Coach with game planning and match analysis
- Work with the Club Coaching Coordinator to continue learning and for self-development
- Promote fair play, team standards and Heathens codes of conduct
All candidates will be required to apply to The Disclosure and Barring Service for an Enhanced disclosure. An element of Coaching Kit will be supplied.
Interested individuals should apply by forwarding their personal rugby CV and desired position either by email or post For the Personal Attention of Kai Blackett, Director of Rugby, Fareham Heathens RFC, Cams Alders, Palmerston Drive, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 1BJ. For more information, call 07824 991866 or email email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications is Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
Interviews will commence throughout May and the successful candidates will be required to plan pre-season training in June 2013 with pre season commencing in July 2013.
30 April 2013
30 April 2013