The Worcester Warriors (England) Rugby Academy forms part of the RFU’s Regional Academy network with the primary objective of identifying and developing the next generation of players for Worcester Warriors and England within the geographical boundaries of Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Shropshire & North Midlands.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen at the club for the right person to join the Academy process. The role of Academy Operations Manager is a brand-new position within the Academy and Worcester Warriors are looking to appoint an individual with the appropriate skill set, passion and experience to provide strong operational management support for the Academy to ensure its delivery is in line with the club's vision. In addition the role will also include the management of the EPDG programme with specific responsibility for monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the delivery of the programme.
The successful applicant will manage, inspire, lead and develop the administration, coaching and physio functions in order to ensure the effective running of the Academy on a day-to-day basis. This includes building strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Academy as well as the CB School of Rugby programmes and Elite Player Development Group (EPDG) programme for the region’s most talented 13-18 year olds.
The Academy Operations Manager will specifically:
- Assist in the translation of the Academy's strategy into operational goals for the team via clear communications, targets, objectives and service levels.
- Continually monitor and review key performance indicators in line with the Academy's strategic and operational goals.
- Ensure key financial processes are administered in an effective and efficient manner
- Manage, monitor and review Academy budgets to ensure continuous improvement across all financial areas, including sourcing additional streams of finance
- Provide metrics and data to the Academy Management Board as required
- Lead, manage and develop the day-to-day aspects of running of the Academy through:
- Managing, inspiring, leading and developing the administration, coaching and physio functions in terms of systems, processes and staff
- internal and external communication with Academy personnel and key stakeholders
- liaison with key stakeholders
- supporting the team to achieve KPI's ensuring first class service
- anticipating changes in business processes and adapting or implementing new processes to accommodate them
- Regularly review systems, processes and structures to ensure the business is appropriately served
- Assist in the management of the EPDG programme through:
- Influencing the County SOR's to identify the right athletes within the geographical area
- Monitoring and evaluating key deliverables and reporting findings to the Senior Academy Manager and Academy Management Board on a regular basis
- Ensuring that the EPDG Centres are resourced as required
- Managing, inspiring and leading Outreach and Coaching staff in order that the curriculum is delivered and achieving maximum results
- Manage all athlete contracts including monitoring, evaluation and negotiation
- Manage the Academy Licence through liaison with RFU to ensure continued operation and compliance
- Oversee the RFU and PRL Academy Performance Review and coordinate all associated administrative processes
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and materials in order to proactively promote the Academy's EPDG programme to County SOR's in the geographical area
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional attributes.
Ideal skills and experience:
- Possess a proven ability to understand and effectively engage with young people
- Must have an interest in the game of rugby
- Must have management and supervisory skills
- Proven track record in a managerial position
- Engaging leadership style, able to build credibility at all levels, internally and externally
- Adaptable management style in order to get results and help individuals achieve their full potential
- Must take ownership for issues raised by the business and see that they are resolved
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and allocate own and team's time effectively
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of, and comfortable using, IT applications
- Focused and strong analytical skills
- Proven track record in financial management
- Must have an understanding of marketing and PR techniques
How to apply
- Please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) to Corin Palmer, Rugby Operations Director, email@example.com.
- The closing date for Applications is April 3, 2013.
- Interviews will take place on April 9, 2013.
- Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted.
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post
03 April 2013
03 April 2013