Available depending on experience
South West 1 East, Level 6
Swindon RFC has an opportunity for a Head Coach to lead the club’s senior sides. This will involve all aspects of coaching from the 1st XV to the Development Squad.
The club is looking for a qualified Head Coach who can take them forward to the next level. He/she needs to provide a structured coaching programme on a weekly basis for all adult (including U18/U17) members of the club – this will include both pre-season and throughout the playing season. Swindon RFC are open to both a non-playing and player-coach type roles.
• Coaching and developing adult players.
• Developing match preparation of all teams with specific focus on the 1st XV
• Work with the U18/U17 coaching team to ensure a smooth transition from the Development Squad to senior rugby
• Monitoring the development of talented players
• Plan and deliver twice-weekly coaching sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays (both team- and individual-based) along with existing coaching team
• Develop a playing strategy for the 1st XV to be cascaded across all teams
• Support the 1st XV during competitive matches
• Provide competitive match analysis to generate continuous improvement – based on both team and individual performance
• Provide leadership to, and work in conjunction with the existing coaching team
• Report through to the Director of Rugby for all aspects of responsibility
• Will hold an RFU level 2 qualification or be willing to commit to achieving level 2 within a year of appointment
• Will possess a current and valid CRB disclosure certificate
• Experience of playing or coaching at Level 5 or above
Anyone wishing to apply, please do so in writing or by email. Attach a covering letter followed by a one-page CV.
The letter and CV needs to be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: April 21, 2013.
21 April 2013
21 April 2013