17-20k depending on experience and qualifications
The Saracens Sport Foundation is a registered charity which exists to enhance the lives of children and young people through sport. It achieves this through the delivery of high quality and innovative programmes that promote the benefits of sport, physical activity and healthy lifestyles. The Sport Foundation delivers its work in partnership with key local statutory agencies and community organisations. We have developed one of the most effective Sports Community Development Programmes across the country, winning the Premier Rugby Citizenship Award three times in the last four years, as recognition for our work in using sport to have a positive social impact within our community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring team player who has the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate high quality dance and cheerleading sessions. You will combine your passion for sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills. You will have an ability to engage positively and build relationships with teachers, families and participants. For this role you will work within a professional sports environment, with a team that are outstandingly hard working and motivated to deliver the highest quality community programmes.
The appointed person will work alongside our existing Community Dance Manager and Community Dance Coaches in growing the award-winning Dance Programme.
- To develop and oversee the School of Cheer Programme
- Deliver on a number of cheerleading and dance classes in primary and secondary schools
- To manage our extra-curricular based dance classes throughout term time
- To set up and run holiday camps throughout the school holidays
- Develop and deliver innovative dance based programmes across Hertfordshire and North London
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all programme delivery, producing reports for our partners and stakeholders
- Manage and build effective relationships with a range of key partners and stakeholders
- Contribute to the communication and promotional activity of the Saracens Sport Foundation and Saracens LTD
- To commit to a programme of continuing professional development to ensure that the coaching provided is always of the highest quality
- Relevant dance or teaching qualifications
- Cheerleading coaching qualifications or experience
- Experience of coaching within a school environment
- A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Valid driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- A can do attitude and an ability to inspire others
- Dance, cheer or gymnastics background
- Experience coaching with a range of age groups and abilities
- Experience coordinating sports based projects
The position will be based at Saracens’ Head Office at Allianz Park. Hours of work will include weekdays, evenings and weekends. Applicants must hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing relevant experience and three achievements you are most proud of outside of academia to: firstname.lastname@example.org detailing Community Dance Officer in the subject header or by post to Clare Bellchambers, Allianz Park, Greenlands Lane, Hendon, London, NW4 1RL.
Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday, May 17
Interviews will take place w/c May 20, 2013
17 May 2013
17 May 2013