London & South East Division Clubs & Schools U18
The London & SE U18 Delivery Team is seeking to appoint a Coach (Backs specialism) to assist the Head Coach in the coaching and planning of the coaching programme for the season. The coach will be alongside the Head Coach responsible for providing a positive and successful playing environment at divisional level and opportunities for players to progress from clubs, schools and CBs to England U18s Clubs & Schools level.
The responsibilities include; supporting the assessment & selection process; the playing & match preparation for the Divisional XV; attending coaches meetings; the end of season review meeting; completing player feedback & profiling forms.
Applicants should demonstrate experience of coaching at county representative level; commitment to and engagement with the RFU’s Coaching Development Qualification structure and have an affinity with the community game.
The applicant should hold a minimum of the RFU Level 2 coaching qualification or its equivalent.
Applications in writing together with a Rugby CV should be sent to The Recruitment Officer, Rugby House, Rugby Road, Twickenham, TW1 1DS, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is October 9, 2012.
Interviews will be held approximately 1-2 weeks from this date.
For further information, or an informal discussion please contact Alan Reid by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, if applying by CV, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from our website rfu.com/careers. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Reports to: Honorary Head Coach Divisional U18s
Key Relationships: Divisional Chairman/Team Manager; Divisional Chairman of Selectors;
Divisional Medical support staff; CB U18s Chairmen of Selectors, Managers and
Coaches; RFU Coach & Player Development Officer
Nature and scope of job:
The post-holder will contribute to the planning and delivery of the coaching programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing environment. Provide high quality coaching to talented players to enable them to perform at their optimum level whilst enhancing the U18s representative programme.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England 18s Clubs & Schools programme at Divisional level are achieved by contributing to the preparation of the team’s coaching programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players
- Ensure the players receive the highest quality coaching, preparation and feedback as directed by the Head Coach
- Work in conjunction with the Divisional Chairman/Team Manager, Head Coach and Chairman of Selectors to facilitate the selection of players from Constituent Bodies in an objective manner
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players
- Provide constructive feedback to players to enable them to continue with their development beyond the Division
- Attend the meetings of the U18s Divisional Delivery Team
- Assist in the identification of highly talented players who have the potential to move to the England U18s squad(s)
- Participate in an annual review of performance and commit to a programme of development provided by the RFU
- Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport
Knolwedge, skills and qualities
- Hold a minimum of a RFU / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent
- Demonstrates a track record of personal coach development and commitment to achieving the Level 3 Coaching Award in Rugby Union (if Level 2)
- Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme
- Is able to work effectively under direction of the Head Coach
- Work effectively with other members of the U18s Divisional Management Team
- Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union
- Has significant experience of coaching young players at club/ school and CB level
- Is strongly biased towards a Player Centred approach to coaching
- Support a playing environment that balances player development with team performance
- Is able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relevant to the programme
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players
- Have high standards of personal accountability and responsibility for the players
- The post holder is accountable to the Divisional U18s Head Coach for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above
- The post holder will work closely with relevant RFU professional staff, Chairmen of Selectors and coaches of the RFU’s Constituent Bodies
- The post-holder will receive appropriate travel expenses and the position will be held for term of 2 years (renewable) subject to annual review
09 October 2012
09 October 2012