The England Rugby Football Schools Union is seeking to appoint an Honorary Chair of Selectors to support the Honorary National Team Manager and Honorary National U16 Head Coach and delivery team in identifying a National squad.
The post-holder will ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England Schools U16s programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system at Divisional level in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment & selection.
The post-holder will also be responsible for liaising with the RFU National Academy and Divisional personnel to incorporate the National Academy Under 15 programme within the U16 Selection process and ensure that all Divisional matches are observed by duly appointed, recognised, experienced and accredited selectors who will monitor the assessment & selection process.
Applicants should demonstrate significant experience of coaching & selecting U16 players at CB & Divisional levels and hold a minimum of a RFU / UKCC Level 3 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent in addition to holding, or working towards National Selector Accreditation.
Applications should be sent to Linda Fell, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is December 21 2012. Interviews will be held by early February 2013
For further information, and an informal discussion please contact Fred Batchelor, Hons ERFSU Executive Chair FredBatchelor@therfu.com
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, if applying by CV, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from our website rfu.com/careers. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England U16s team programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player selection system at divisional and CB levels.
- Work in conjunction with the Coaching Team and Team Manager to facilitate the selection of players in an objective manner.
- Liaise with RFU National Academy to ensure the integration of the National Academy U15 programme into the selection process for the U16 programme
- Liaise with Divisional personnel to ensure that all inter-county matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors who will monitor the grading process.
- Attend U15 Academy events and all Divisional matches and national training sessions and matches.
- Convene and chair national selection meetings as required.
- Support the Team Manager in maintaining an up to date player database.
- Attend the meetings of the U16s National Delivery Team to assist with the development of the England U16s XV, Divisional CB U16s competition.
- Liaise with National Academy and Divisional & CB selectors and coaches where appropriate
Mentor and advise selectors where appropriate.
- Ensure that the management team and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the RFU, and uphold the core values of the game and adhere to the code of conduct.
Knowledge, skills and qualities:
- Hold a minimum of a RFU/ UKCC Level 3 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent.
- Has significant experience of coaching & selecting U16 year-old players at CB & Divisional levels.
- Has attended the RFU Selection & Accreditation Course and has completed or working towards Selector
- Has a sound understanding of talent identification, development and selection systems.
- High levels of observation and analysis skills
- Demonstrates a track record of personal development especially linked to player development, talent identification and selection.
- Is able to lead & manage people.
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players.
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the U16s National & Divisional Delivery Teams.
- The post holder is accountable to the England U16s Team Manager and National Delivery Team for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
- The post holder will work closely with relevant RFU professional staff, Chairmen of Selectors and coaches of the RFU’s Constituent Bodies, and receive appropriate travel expenses.
- The term for the position is 3 years subject to annual review
21 December 2012
21 December 2012