£20,000-£24,000. Fixed term until October 2014 with continuation to be confirmed
The Saracens Sport Foundation is a registered charity, which exists to enhance the lives of children and young people through sport. It achieves this through the delivery of high quality and innovative programmes that promote the benefits of sport, physical activity and healthy lifestyles. The Sport Foundation delivers its work in partnership with key local statutory agencies including County Sports Partnerships, Health and Wellbeing Boards, Youth Offending Teams, Schools, and the local community.
The Saracens Sport Foundation has developed one of the most effective Sports Community Development Programmes across the country, most recently being nominated for the Beyond Sport Awards 2013. As part of our ongoing development we have an exciting opportunity to develop a successful sport for social change programme in our community.
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring individual who has:
- A proven ability to empathise and engage challenging young people and develop a controlled environment for their development
- Use outreach rugby work as a positive activity to engage hard to reach/NEET young people
- Ability to create a structured programme of accredited qualifications, work-based learning and vocational training, with the end outcome of increasing life chances through employability and education
- A passion for rugby and sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills. Those with a background in education or youth work will be considered, with a preference for those with coaching experience and qualifications
- Ability to build relationships with both challenging young people and partners
The position will be based in Barnet at Allianz Park and will involve engagement in surrounding boroughs. Due to the nature of the job some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the post to Sahra Kirk, HR Manager, Allianz Park, Greenlands Lane, Hendon, NW4 1RL or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on November 13 (only successful candidates will be contacted).
For a full job description and person specification, please email email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday, November 13 at 5pm
Interviews: w/c November 18, 2013
Please note: This position is funding dependent and is initially offered as a fixed-term position until October 2014.
13 November 2013
13 November 2013