Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These are the terms and conditions governing certain competitions run by or on behalf of the RFU, which refer to these terms and conditions in the materials publicising or connected with them (each a “Competition”). By entering the Competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter of the Competition is the Rugby Football Union (the “RFU”) of Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, TW2 7BA.
3. Entrants to the Competition must be resident in the UK. No employees of the RFU or their relatives, representatives or agents may enter the Competition. Only one entry per person is permitted and if a person enters more than once, such additional entries will be deemed to be invalid. No agents or third parties can apply to participate in the Competition on another person’s behalf. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete applications or applications not received by the RFU for any reason. Any such applications will be deemed to be invalid. If a Competition entrant is under 18 years of age he/she should carefully read these terms and conditions, and ensure that his/her parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting any application.
4. Entries must be received at or before 11.59pm on the closing date specified in the relevant Competition documentation (the “Closing Date”). Entries submitted after this time will be deemed to be invalid.
5. The Competition winner will be chosen by the RFU from all qualifying entries following the Closing Date. The RFU will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the rules of the Competition and any aspect of the content of or entry into the Competition. The RFU will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Competition, including but not limited to the award of any Prize (as defined below) shall be final.
6. The Competition winner will be notified by email to the address submitted in the winner’s application or by such other method as the RFU may, in its absolute discretion, determine, in each case within seven days of the Closing Date. Unless otherwise agreed, the tickets will be sent by recorded delivery but the RFU does not accept any liability in the event that the tickets are not received. Failure by a participant to respond and/or to provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
7. Details of the Competition winner(s) (to the extent that the RFU is able to provide such information without breaching any contractual obligation and to the extent permitted under applicable law, including, without limitation, the Data Protection Act 1998) can be requested by writing to: RFU Competitions, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, TD2 7BA, giving the name of the Competition and the address to which such details should be sent.
8. In relation to the prizes to be won in connection with the Competition (each a “Prize”), the RFU reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of a comparable value for any Prize. There is no cash alternative for any Prize. The Prizes are non-transferable. Unless stated otherwise, no Prize includes the cost of travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by the winner.
9. All entrants agree that if they are the winner of a Prize they will take part in any promotional activity reasonably requested by the RFU and hereby consent to the use of their name and country being supplied to other entrants in accordance with paragraph 7 above.
10. All tickets are subject to the relevant terms and conditions attaching to such tickets, including without limitation, the RFU’s ticketing terms and conditions, a copy of which is available at: http://www.rfu.com/tickets/termsandconditions.
11. Winners under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult holding a valid ticket.
12. Unless otherwise stated, Prizes do not include travel, accommodation or any other ancillary benefits.
13. The RFU reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and for any reason, in each case at its absolute discretion. The RFU shall have no liability (other than for death or personal injury caused by the RFU’s negligence or other liabilities that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded) for any loss, damage, cost or expense, whether direct or indirect, caused to entrants in connection with the competition or the prize.
14. On occasions where a social media platform (such as Facebook) is used as a platform for promoting RFU competitions, the relevant social media platform(s) shall have no responsibilities or liability for the running of the Competition or selection of the winners.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
16. These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive discretion to decide any such dispute.