Canterbury Limited ‘Player of the Tournament’ Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Canterbury ‘Player of the Tournament’ Prize Draw organised by Canterbury Limited (the “Prize Draw”). By entering into the Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Canterbury Limited, 1st Floor Houldsworth Mill, Houldsworth St, Reddish, Stockport (the “Promoter”).
2. The Prize Draw will be managed and hosted by the Rugby Football Union (“RFU”) on the following websites set out below.
2.1 The RFU website at www.rfu.com/playerofthetournament; and
2.2 The Official England Rugby Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OfficialEnglandRugby; (the “Website”).
3. In order to enter the Prize Draw, entrants must
3.1 Visit either of the Websites set out above;
3.2 Complete the entry form with your name and contact details, including a valid email address on which you can be contacted; and
3.3 Select one England Player from the six nominated England Players on the Website who you believe should be named “England’s Player of the Tournament” (the "Entry").
4. The Prize Draw opens on March 13, 2013 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 11pm on March 19, 2013(the “Closing Date”). No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries are limited to one entry per person. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
5. The Prize Draw is open to anyone aged 16 years or over, throughout the world. The Prize Draw will be void wherever it is prohibited or restricted by law. The Prize Draw is specifically closed to employees of the RFU, Promoter, Pentland Brands plc, and any associated companies, and their families.
6. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your details to the RFU and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used by the Promoter for the purposes of managing this promotion.
7. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS PRIZE DRAW. You do not have to buy or subscribe to any Canterbury product in order to enter this Prize Draw.
8. There will be one Winner only. The Winner will receive one Canterbury Jersey chosen at their sole discretion, worth up to £100 RRP (the “Prize”).
9. The Winner agrees not to sell, order to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purposes (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site).
10. The Prize may be altered or varied at the Promoter’s sole discretion and substituted with a prize, which, in the Promoter’s sole opinion, is a suitable alternative. The Prize is subject to availability. There are no cash alternatives and the Prize is not negotiable, exchangeable or transferable.
11. The Winner will be drawn at random by the RFU in accordance with paragraph 13 below on March 20, 2013 from all entries received. The Winner will be contacted by email and/or telephone on March 20, 2013.
12. The Winner must claim their Prize by April 3, 2013. If the Winner cannot be successfully contacted by this time, the RFU reserves the right to select another randomly selected winner from the remaining eligible entries and thereafter until one Winner has been successfully contacted.
13. The Prize Draw will be made by an independent person and the RFU’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winner’s name and county will be made available to those who send an SAE headed ‘RFU Competitions’ to the RFU at Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or by emailing the Promoter at email@example.com after the close of the Prize Draw.
15. By entering the Prize Draw:
15.1 you agree that any winning Entry of the Prize Draw (“Winning Entry”), may be used by the Promoter (and its partners) for the marketing and promotion of this and future competitions (“Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes”);
15.2 You hereby acknowledge that the Promoter may have to crop and re-size the Winning Entry as necessary for Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes;
15.3 You hereby acknowledge that the Winner’s name shall appear on all Winning Entries reproduced for Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes;
15.4 You hereby grant the Promoter and its associated companies a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide licence for the Winning Entry in all media for the uses described in 18.1.1 above for two years following the date of announcement of the Winner; and
15.5 You acknowledge that the Promoter may contact you and afford you the opportunity to negotiate the terms of any additional usage of Entries falling outside of the Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes.
16. Information regarding personal data provided in the entry form will be collected, stored and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into this Prize Draw. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms and Conditions or as separately accepted by you. If you have separately agreed to receive communications from the Promoter then your personal data may be used for such purposes, including direct marketing.
For the purposes of this Prize Draw, the RFU will be Data Controller. All information submitted to the RFU will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Prize Draw at its sole discretion.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entitles shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
19. By entering this Prize Draw entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions from part of these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Prize Draw and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
© Canterbury Limited 2013. All Rights Reserved.