Awards For All - A Brief Guide
What is Awards for All?
- A Lottery grants scheme aimed at local communities
- Short and simple application form
- Notification of award within 3 months – successful or not
- All year round applications with no deadlines
Who can apply?
- Voluntary sports organisations ie rugby clubs
- Voluntary groups, ie disability groups, women’s organisations, ethnic community groups, neighbourhood associations playing or planning to play sport
- Schools or colleges linking with local clubs
- Constituent Bodies on behalf of groups of clubs
- Properly constituted sports development groups
- Priority is given to organisations with an annual income of less than £20,000
How much can I apply for?
- Provides grants of between £500-£10,000
- No direct financial partnership funding is required
- ‘In kind’ contributions of time, effort or materials will be accepted
What help and / or assistance can I call upon?
How do I apply?
Contact your RFU Regional Development Officer (RDO) for advice
- Work out your ‘3 Os’
- Objective – what do you aim to achieve
- Output – how will you deliver it?
- Outcome – what difference will your project make?
- Call 0845 600 2040 for an application pack from Awards for All
AWARDS FOR ALL – PROJECTS TO CONSIDER…
Pitch, Grounds and Facility Improvement
- Materials for ground improvement (other than equipment)
- Pitch drainage projects
- Improvements to floodlighting (must show capacity build)
- Training linked to ground improvement: IoG courses, etc
- Advice / research to improve grounds: STRI professional advice
- Equipment (improved or additional, not just replacement)
- Small capital projects*
- Improved changing / showering facility*
*Must show capacity build ie new junior / girls section or health and safety reasons
Training & Education
- Course fee payment / subsidy – for example
- RFU Coaching Awards
- Coach mentoring
- RFU Referee Courses
- RFU Constituent Body / Regional Conferences / Seminars
- Sport England ‘Running Sport’ Courses
- ScUK courses
- Other related training needs for volunteers
- Start up and / or running costs (this may include elements of Training & Education)
- Coaching / administration costs
- New sections (junior / women and girls, disability)
- University rugby programmes (participation based)
- 6th Form College programmes (participation based)
- Recreational Rugby projects (beach, pub, corporate tag / other leagues)
- Adult section recruitment projects (marketing and promotion)