Training for Club Volunteer Coordinators
Whether you are considering becoming a Club Volunteer Coordinator (CVC), have recently become a CVC or want to improve in your role, the RFU now provides training.
The new workshop has been designed to assist both current and future CVCs and has been designed as a guide to develop volunteering in clubs.
The workshop outlines the following areas:
- The role of the CVC
- How clubs use volunteers and the implications for a club
- How clubs have developed the recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers
- Action planning to further enhance the recruitment, retention and recognition of club volunteers both internally and externally to the club.
You will also have the opportunity within the workshop to access further modules around any of the following (subject to tutor discretion):
- How to seek funding from other sources to support volunteering
- How to appoint and develop a new CVC
- Developing a current CVC
- Develop the roles and responsibilities of young volunteers
- Managing young volunteers
- Recruiting non-participants and those from outside rugby
The course lasts approximately three hours. To find your nearest available course or for further information on course content, please contact your Regional Development Officer (RDO) or get in touch with the Volunteering Team via the RFU's contact us page.