First Aid Equipment
It is essential that first aid equipment is checked frequently to ensure sufficient quantities and that all items are usable. Always replenish contents of first aid box and kit as soon as possible after use, items should not be used after the expiry date shown on packets.
Complete pitchside first aid kits are available to order online from the RFU's community rugby shop, or from Mobilis Healthcare which is an official partner of RFU community rugby.
On Site First Aid Facilities
First aid boxes should be made of suitable material and designed to protect the contents from damp and dust.
A well-stocked first aid box should contain the following:
- Guidance card
- Assorted adhesive dressings (plasters) x 20
- Sterile eye pads (No. 16) x 2
- Medium sterile wound dressings (No. 8) x 6
- Large sterile wound dressings (No. 9) x 2
- Short life triangular bandages x 4
- Disposable gloves (pair) x 3
- Antiseptic wipes x 6
- Emergency foil blanket x 1
- Disposable resuscitation aid x 1
Under no circumstances should prescription drugs be administered by first aiders or kept in the first aid box. Boxes should be clearly labelled and easily accessible. Emergency first aid should only be given by appropriately trained persons and a list of all qualified first aiders should be made clearly available.