RFU Emergency First Aid Course
Photo: RFU Archive
For course bookings on the RFU Emergency First Aid course, please email email@example.com or visit the course administration page.
The RFU has successfully run an appointed person's first aid course for over three years. Following demand from the game we have now introduced a greater element of pitch side and rugby specific training to the course, which adds a large value to the RFU course over others pitched to volunteers within the game. To avoid the course becoming overly lengthy as a result, these rugby specific training scenarios and some useful background information have been developed as a pre-course module which is accessible online.
The RFU Emergency First Aid Course is a fully recognised Emergency First aid at Work (EFAW) course with extra rugby-specific elements which prepare volunteers for their work pitch-side. The course covers RFU requirements regarding the management of concussion and spinal injuries as well as injury reporting requirements.
This course will not only provide attendees with the reassurance of a quality training product and accredited tutors, but also provide volunteers with a nationally recognised qualification that is transferable to the workplace; other sports or can be credited towards a larger qualification.
Organised for the RFU by STA, the course can be easily arranged at a local venue during weekdays, evenings, or weekends. The cost is £65 including VAT and the Tutor:Student ratio is a maximum of 1:12. There are 500 fully insured tutors nationwide all of whom have undertaken accredited training in order to professionally deliver first aid courses.
How To Book
- Clubs, Schools, Colleges or individuals can arrange for a local course by contacting STA through firstname.lastname@example.org (or phone on 01922 748 384). STA will set up the course and arrange for a tutor and all course resources.
- Candidates can go here, select one of these courses, register and pay online (one person can register a group of people if required.
- Once candidates have registered and paid they will be issued via email an access code for the pre-course learning module.
- This module MUST be completed and a certificate printed off before their face-to-face course takes place. They will not be able to pass the course without this certificate being examined by the course tutor.
- If the candidate successfully completes the pre-course learning and the face-to-face training then a certificate will be automatically issued in the following few weeks.
- Individuals will then be automatically registered on Rugby First as having completed the RFU Emergency First Aid course.