Insurance for Affiliate RFU Clubs
In this section you can find details of the insurance cover provided by the RFU for those participating in rugby union for the following areas:
- Personal Accident Insurance while playing rugby union
- Public/Products Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Referees and Coaches Liability Insurance
- Directors and Officers Insurance
If you have any queries concerning the above covers provided for your rugby club as an RFU affiliate member, please contact Marsh, the RFU’s official insurance brokers, via the following:
Tel: 01732 877647
Single Match/Tournament Insurance
Teams that are not affiliated to the RFU and that want to take part in for example, one-off matches /invitational matches/charity games or 7s, 10s and 15s tournaments in England or abroad, are required to take out Single Match/Tournament Insurance. This insurance will cover the non-affiliated team for the rugby match or tournament stated in the form, played under the jurisdiction of the RFU.
In order to arrange this insurance cover teams must:
- Download and complete the Single Match/Tournament Form: ‘One-off match’ form (PDF 53kB)
- Send the completed form along with the £35 administration fee (cheque made payable to the Rugby Football Union) to Tournaments & Competitions Department, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham TW2 7BA. An insurance confirmation certificate will then be emailed to the team manager, as indicated on the application form.
For further details on how your club can become affiliated to the RFU or information about hosting an RFU approved event at your rugby club, contact your local Rugby Development Officer (RDO).
If you need to check if your club is affiliated to the RFU please download the affiliated club list (PDF 188kB).
The RFU is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Marsh Ltd. Marsh Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activities only. © Copyright 2013 Marsh Ltd. All rights reserved.