Rugby Union in Primary Schools
The landscape for all schools has changed drastically. The RFU recognises this and has developed resources to help School Management Teams achieve the best for their children; to drive whole school improvement and hit attainment targets
Rugby union is more than a sport and offers a menu of seven areas of support for primary schools.
RFU.com/schools is your “one stop shop” for tools, resources, training and advice on applying rugby union across your school day and beyond.
For primary schools, rugby union:
- Provides a unique variety of development opportunities for teachers and young people
- Can help to improve attendance, achievement levels and behaviour in schools
- Is for all children, regardless of age or ability, both at school and in their home life
- Provides tools, resources, people and training to make their job easier
- Can assist school improvement plans, deliver learning and show effectiveness to Ofsted
- Has strong core values instilling positive qualities in the lives of young people
- Has developed FREE online tools and resources on rfu.com/schools
RFU resources are continually expanded and developed. All ideas from teachers are gratefully received on email@example.com.
The RFU Primary School Programme is sponsored by Yazoo, a partnership which has brought tag rugby kit, competition, curriculum resources and teacher training to primary schools across England since 2006.
Child Victims of Crime, the only national police charity, are also a key partner along with Premiership Rugby and their clubs running primary school coaching programmes.