RFU Support Network
As education continues to be a key focus for the growth of rugby union, the RFU provides support for the development and growth of college and university rugby.
Students Development Team
Based at Twickenham, the Home of England Rugby, the team work with Directors and Heads of Sport, Athletic Unions, students and external partners to create better opportunities for you and your institution.
If you need help and advice on any student rugby matters please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0208 8316757
Regional Delivery Teams (RDTs)
RDTs work together to apply the national strategic framework to the needs of the game locally. An RDT consists of:
- Regional Rugby Manager (RRM) – leads strategic, joined-up delivery of the team across the region.
- Rugby Union Student Liaison Officer (RUSLOs)
- Rugby Development Officers (RDOs) – first point of contact to support local rugby development, focusing on club development and managing Community Rugby Coaches.
Community Rugby Coach (CRCs) – posted in schools, colleges, universities and clubs to sustain and grow the game of rugby.
They are joined by specialist staff that work across the region to support specific projects and work areas, including:
- Coach Development Officer (CDOs)
- Referee Development Manager & Officer (RefDM & RefDO)
- Volunteering Executive (VE)
- Funding & Facilities Manager (FFM)
- Women’s Rugby Development Manager (WRDM)
These people work with a range of key partners – such as Constituent Body, Premier Rugby, Community Departments, Regional Academies, Sport England Officers, County Sports Partnerships, School Partnerships and local authorities to support the educational establishments in their area.