Photo: RFU Archive
Universities have a fantastic opportunity to get involved with O2 Touch, the RFU’s initiative to broaden the reach of the game to a wider audience.
O2 Touch is an inclusive sport for men and women to play no matter what their age, experience or ability. It is a non-contact form of rugby which means there is no tackling and no scrums or line outs. O2 Touch can be played anywhere and anytime for fun, fitness or friends.
What are the benefits to your university?
By becoming an O2 Touch Centre you will:
- Get the chance to attract a whole new audience to your club and potentially increase membership
- RFU funding over three years to help support staffing and venue costs totalling £3000
- Receive a playing start-up pack of balls, bibs, banners and full training
- Benefit from significant national and local marketing support to drive recruitment of new players
- Receive Canterbury operator clothing and kit
- Be listed on our digital touch platform on RFU.com /O2 Touch
What do we have to do?
Being a Touch Centre means your university will essentially become a Touch franchise for the RFU. That means activity will be run by your university BUT fully supported by the RFU as outlined above.
In return all we ask is that you commit to working with us in the next three years to provide players with:
- The opportunity to play casual, pitch up and play activity on a year round, pay and play basis
- The chance to play League Touch when you have enough players to make it work
- Appropriate facilities for people to play come winter or summer
- A great customer experience delivered by dedicated O2 Touch Volunteers from your institution
NB. We will ask you to sign up to all these things via a Service Level Agreement in order to receive our support
What to do next?
Register your interest with your URDO (PDF 184kB) asap and we’ll arrange a meeting to discuss the next steps.