JAMES SIMPSON-DANIEL can't wait to tackle Jonah Lomu again in Saturday's Investec Challenge Series test at Twickenham.
England's newest cap - nicknamed Sinbad - got the better of Lomu in a Barbarians shirt last May but he knows this weekend's game against the All Blacks (2.30) will be a different prospect.
The young Gloucester star from Yarm, near Stockton-on-Tees, who stands at 5ft 9in and weighs in at 78kg, will be on the right wing against the legendary All Blacks giant - all 6ft 5ins and 112kg of him!
The 20-year-old Simpson-Daniel said: "The Barbarians game was huge for me but this is my first cap and I feel there is more pressure on me. Yes, I got around Jonah once against the Barbarians but people forget that he pushed me aside two or three times.
"He is a world-class player and I'll be fearful of playing against him. I'll have mixed emotions - there'll be fear and excitement.
"Obviously he will be dangerous but I'm used to playing against bigger players physically and I've got to treat him as if he was anyone else."
Simpson-Daniel admitted his shock at his selection, saying: "I was very surprised but absolutely delighted. I wasn't even thinking about it to be honest.
"I don't know what to expect but hopefully it will be a big highlight of my career which will hopefully remain with me for the rest of my life.
"I owe a lot of it to the Gloucester players because had not they performed the way they have it wouldn't have given me the chance to do well, so I need to thank them for the way they have played this season."
England head coach Clive Woodward said: "I don't think the Barbarians game is anything like what James will experience this weekend.
"He's an exciting prospect who has an outstanding skills range and we are in an exciting position to be able to pick him."
Martin Johnson captains the side with Richard Hill winning his 50th cap, at open-side flanker.
15. Jason Robinson (Sharks)
14. James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester)
13. Will Greenwood (NEC Harlequins)
12. Mike Tindall (Bath)
11. Ben Cohen (Northampton Saints)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons)
9. Matt Dawson (Northampton Saints)
1. Trevor Woodman (Gloucester)
2. Steve Thompson (Northampton Saints)
3. Phil Vickery (Gloucester)
4. Martin Johnson (Leicester Tigers) CAPTAIN
5. Danny Grewcock (Bath)
6. Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers)
7. Richard Hill (Saracens)
8. Lawrence Dallaglio (London Wasps)
16. Mark Regan (Leeds Tykes)
17. Jason Leonard (NEC Harlequins)
18. Ben Kay (Leicester Tigers)
19. Neil Back (Leicester Tigers)
20. Austin Healey (Leicester Tigers)
21. Ben Johnston (Saracens)
22. Tim Stimpson (Leicester Tigers)