This website uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more by viewing our privacy and cookie policy.

RFUW regional trials may face postponement

14 January 2010

  • RFUW senior and youth trials may face postponement due to weather conditions
  • Decision will be made by midday on January 14

The RFUW is considering postponing this weekend’s youth trials and senior trials due to weather conditions. A National Final decision will be made by midday on Thursday January 14.

We are taking all factors into consideration, including:

- safety of players and volunteers travelling to each trials
- increased injury risk for players due to the frozen ground
- players will have not been able to do any contact rugby training for at least 4 weeks in most areas
- continuing low temperatures, and the welfare of young people being outside training for up to 3 hours
- if a thaw does occur, it is most likely that pitches will be waterlogged

Please do not contact the RFUW office to enquire about the weather conditions, as we are being inundated with calls. Further information will be released on and will be available through the Regional Programme Managers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Player and volunteer safety is our primary concern and our decision will be made with the safety of everyone in mind.