- Wear your best Superhero outfit to the London Sevens to help break a Guinness World Record™
- The 'Largest Gathering of Superheroes' will be judged on Sunday May 23
Photo: Getty Images
The Emirates Airline London Sevens (May 22&23) is the biggest party in town. To make its impact even more massive it's now aiming to be a Guinness World Record™ breaker by putting together the largest gathering of Superheroes on Sunday, May 23.
Last year the action packed weekend attracted over 60,000 fans with a carnival atmosphere and many sporting their finest fancy dress, so whether you're Batman, Wonder Woman or Superman get your kit on and join in the fun.
The current record stands at just 1,016 and with over 30,000 tickets already sold for this year's event all you need to do is turn up as your favorite hero to become a record breaker and make the 2010 Emirates Airline London Sevens one to remember.
Guidelines for the 'Largest Gathering of Superheroes':
- Each person must be dressed as a recognised Superhero.
- A recognised Superhero is one that has been used in a published book, comic, television programme or film
- Each persons costume must be instantly recognisable as the Superhero they are portraying
- All participants must be in position simultaneously and remain so for a minimum for 10 minutes
- A loud start and finish signal recognised by all participants must be used
- participants must wear the costume for the entirety of the attempt
Watch England Sevens in action on May 22 & 23 at the Emirates Airline London Sevens, their only home tournament of the IRB Sevens World Series. Tickets are available from www.rfu.com/tickets.
For behind the scenes access to your favourite sevens players join our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/londonsevens.