- The latest RFU.com podcast is now ready to download
- We catch up with all the Premiership and Age Group news
Photo: Getty Images
England Under 18 meet Ireland in Saturday’s FIRA/AER Championship final in Tarbes, France.
And they will be looking for a similar show of character that secured them a dramatic 38-34 win over Wales last weekend.
London Irish and St George’s College wing Anthony Watson, who scored England’s winning try in the dying minutes against the Welsh, knows the threat that Ireland pose.
“We played them in December (England won 29-12) but we are just going to try and play our game and see where that takes us,” said Watson.
“We are playing in Tarbes on Saturday in a 10,000-seater stadium but I don’t think that that is going to affect the boys too much because we are concentrating on trying to retain that trophy and bring it back to England.”
Click here to listen to the RFU Podcast and hear more from the young winger who will be in action live on Eurosport 2 on Saturday, kick off at 5.30pm.
Also on the Podcast:
- Up in Armitage – the London Irish full back looks ahead to one of the pivotal Aviva Premiership match-ups this weekend as Northampton Saints visit the Madejski Stadium and Delon Armitage goes head to head with his England rival Ben Foden
- Wandering Walder - The London Wasps fly half talks to us as he heads for Japan via Twickenham for the St. Georges Day clash
- For Haughton and St George – Wasps duo Richard Haughton and Dan Ward-Smith, and Bath’s David Wilson look ahead to Saturday’s St George’s Day clash at the home of English Rugby