- Bans follow sendings off
- Mixed fortunes for appellants
A Rugby Football Union Disciplinary Panel met at the Leeds Brighouse Holiday Inn tonight (Tuesday, February 1, 2011) and considered the following cases:
- James Rule of Hull Ionians RUFC, who was sent off for striking contrary to Law 10(4)(a) during the game at Rugby RUFC on January 22, 2011, was suspended for three weeks. He can play again February 18, 2011.
- A competitions appeal by Houghton RUFC against the deduction of 10 League points for an administrative breach in a game against Hartlepool BBOB RUFC on November 13, 2011 was dismissed.
- An appeal against findings and sanction following the suspension of Mathew Hardy (Ryton RUFC) by the Durham RFU Disciplinary Panel following his dismissal for striking contrary to Law 10 (4)(a) in a game against Horden RUFC on October 30, 2010 was allowed and the findings quashed.
- Simon Frewin (Stourbridge RUFC), who was sent off for stamping contrary to Law 10 (4)(b) in the game at Stourbridge against Wharfedale RUFC on January 15, 2011, was suspended for five weeks. He can play again on February 20, 2011.
The Panel comprised Antony Davies (Chair), Clif Barker and Austin Newman.