- The latest RFU.com podcast is now ready to download
- England, Lions and Bath stalwart Danny Grewcock on his final rugby game
Photo: Getty Images
Danny Grewcock brings down the curtain on an illustrious career this weekend when he's due to make his 221st appearance for Bath Rugby in the Aviva Premiership against Newcastle Falcons before retiring from the game at the age of 38.
In an exclusive interview with the RFU.com podcast, the former England and British & Irish Lions lock reflects on the highs and lows of 15 years in the top flight and picks out the Lions first test win against Australia in 2001 as his ultimate rugby highlight.
"It's quite frightening to think how time's passed so quickly. I thought playing for Coventry was going to be the biggest thing. Then to get a chance in the Premiership [with Saracens and then Bath] and for England and the Lions was way beyond everything what I expected," said Grewcock.
He will stay in the game as a mentor to Bath's young players and Bath boss Sir Ian McGeechan also tells us why he is the perfect example to follow.
For the full interviews download the May 5, 2011 podcast by right clicking on the link and selecting 'save as'. Or subscribe via iTunes by pasting the following url into the subscribe page http://www.rfu.com/podcast/subscribe/podcast.xml.
Also on this week's RFU.com podcast:
- London Wasps captain Tom Rees tells us why he'll be ready to hit the ground running next season after his successful recovery from shoulder surgery
- Gavin Cattle and Graham Kitchener prepare to go head to head when the Cornish Pirates take on Worcester Warriors in the two-legged Championship final
- James Pritchard insists his Bedford Blues team have the talent to lift the British & Irish Cup when they face Bristol Rugby in this weekend's final
The RFU.com podcast takes you inside English rugby from the grassroots to the elite.