- The latest RFU.com podcast is now ready to download
- In-depth interview with Ben Youngs reflects on a rollercoaster campaign
Photo: Getty Images
England and Leicester Tigers scrum half Ben Youngs tells this week’s RFU Podcast that while it’s been a rollercoaster campaign on a personal level, a potential Premiership winners medal and a summer tour to South Africa means that there’s still plenty to play for.
Youngs scored the clinching try for England in the RBS 6 Nations victory against Ireland at Twickenham last March, a notable high point, and the 22-year-old wants more of the same.
“You have to go through the lows to appreciate the highs, but as long as you keep working hard there’s definitely light at the end of the tunnel,” he said.
“If I get the opportunity to go on the tour to South Africa then that would be great, and if I am there then I’ll have to work hard and prove myself. I’m enjoying my rugby at the moment – Leicester are coming good at the moment, but saying that there’s still a long way to go.”
To listen to the full interviews check out the April 19, 2012 podcast. Here you can listen to the weekly podcast or subscribe to itunes and have it delivered straight to your inbox each week.
Also on this week’s RFU.com podcast
- Backing Bristol – Former England front row Jason Hobson looks ahead to the RFU Championship play-offs after Bristol’s win against London Welsh
- Scarratt ready for Sevens bow – England Woman’s Emily Scarratt on the build up to the Marriott London Sevens at Twickenham
- Crackers feeling fit – England Sevens ace Chris Cracknell is on the road to recovery after a shoulder problem and can’t wait for the final two legs