- Wharton joins Council as Chair of Community Game Board
- Former Sidmouth, Exeter and Launceston player relishing opportunity
Photo: RFU Archive
The RFU Council has announced the appointment of Malcolm Wharton CBE as Chair of the Community Game Board following approval of the recommendations of its Nominations Standing Committee.
Speaking about his appointment and the challenges associated with the role, Wharton said: “As the Rugby World Cup in 2015 draws nearer, it is crucial that we are in the best possible shape to make the most of this huge opportunity to create a step change in participation for our game. I look forward to building on the excellent work that Rob Udwin has done and to work closely with staff and all stakeholders from July 14.”
In addition, the following members have been reappointed for the 2013/14 season:
- Chair of the Governance Standing Committee - Peter Baines
- Elected Council Members on Board of Directors - Rob Briers, John Douglas and Peter Whiting
- IRB Representative on Board of Directors - John Spencer
- IRB Representative - Bill Beaumont CBE
These posts will commence or continue from the Annual General Meeting on July 14, 2013.