Photo: Scrumpix Photography
The 2012-13 Daily Mail RBS Schools competition has reached the quarter-finals mark this week with the draws now confirmed for the knock-out stages.
With weather playing havoc across the final round of group games, a number of quarter-final places remain up for grabs in all four competitions, although Wellington College and Bromgrove have already secured their passage through to the U15 Cup following comprehensive wins over King's College Taunton and Berkhamsted School, respectively. RGS High Wycombe also progress to the last eight after beating Blundells 16-8 last week. The Bucks school will face Bromsgrove in the knock-out stages.
In the remaining U15 Cup quarter-final fixtures, London Oratory or Maidstone GS will face Kings Grantham or QEGS Wakefield as the winner of London & SE takes on the pool leader from North B. Elsewhere, North A winners Bishop Heber or Bradford GS prepare to take on London & SE B winners Whitgift or St Pauls.
For the U18 Cup competition, Hampton School will wait to hear their fate as they prepare to play either Truro School or RGS High Wycombe, having knocked out 2010 and 2011 winners Whitgift in the last round. 2007 winners Warwick School are also through to the quarter-finals of the Daily Mail RBS Schools Under 18 Cup after a 12-0 home win over Stamford School in the seventh round.
Country derby to decide local bragging rights
Elsewhere in the U18 Cup, eyes will be focused on the county derby between Wirral and King's, Macclesfield. The fixture calendar prevented the two most successful teams in the county from meeting in a traditional fixture, but Wirral's win over QEGS Wakefield set up the pairing, which will decide who has bragging rights for 2012/13 in the land of the wheatsheaf and who goes into the last 8.
In the U15 Vase, match one will see the winner of Midlands B – Old Swinford Hospital or John Cleveland College – versus North B leaders Kirkham V Yarm. In match two of the quarter-final line-up, Tadcaster School’s place is secure following a win over Stockport Grammar, while in match three, Emanuel School have also guaranteed a quarter-final place.
Finally, the U18 Vase competition is yet to see one team confirmed in the quarter-finals with final round games still to take place this week and 22 teams fighting out for a passage through to the knock-out stages.
The Daily Mail RBS Quarter-Finals will take place w/c January 28.
Semi-finals, Broadstreet RFC and broadcast live on RFU.com
U18 Cup, March 2 – 11am & 1pm
U18 Vase, March 3 – 11am & 1pm
U15 Cup, March 9 – 11am & 1pm
U15 Vase, March 10 – 11am & 1pm
Ticket prices: £3 Adults, £1 Juniors.
Finals Day, Twickenham, Saturday, March 23. Live on RFU.com
U15 Vase – 11am
U15 Cup – 12.30pm
U18 Vase – 2pm
U18 Cup – 3.40pm
Daily Mail RBS QF Draw
1. London Oratory OR Maidstone GS v Kings Grantham OR QEGS, Wakefield
2. Bishop Heber HS OR Bradford GS v Whitgift OR St Pauls, Barnes
3. Bedford School OR Warwick School v Wellington College
4. Bromsgrove School v RGS High Wycombe
1. Old Swinford Hospital OR John Cleveland College v Kirkham GS OR Yarm School
2. Royal Latin OR Pates GS OR RGS Worcester v Tadcaster School
3. Emanuel School v Sherborne School OR Sir William Borlase's GS
4. Penair OR Prior Park OR Katharine Lady Berkeley's v Felsted OR Wimbledon College
1. King's College School, Wimbledon OR Dulwich College v Sherborne School
2. Truro School OR RGS High Wycombe v Hampton School
3. Wilmslow High School v Warwick School
4. King's, Worcester OR Northampton School for Boys v Wirral GS OR King's School, Macclesfield
1. Roundwood Park OR Loughborough GS v Horsforth OR Yarm OR QE Kirby Lonsdale OR Altrincham GS
2. KE VI Five Ways OR QE, Ashbourne OR King's School, Grantham OR St Columba's College v St Ambrose College OR Harrogate Grammar School
3. Brockenhurst College OR Sheldon School v Felsted School OR City of London Freeman's School
4. Plymouth College OR John Hampden GS v Tiffin School OR Chislehurst & Sidcup GS OR Cranbrook School