- England to play home games at Twickenham Stadium and the Twickenham Stoop
- Gary Street's side eager to take back their crown
Photo: Getty Images
England Women will play Ireland and Wales at home this year in the Six Nations, with Twickenham Stadium and the Twickenham Stoop hosting the seven-time tournament winners.
England, who finished third in the 2013 competition, open their campaign against 2014 Rugby World Cup hosts France at the Stade des Alpes in Grenoble on February 1. The game will be broadcast live on France 4 TV. Eight days later and they are in Aberdeen to take on Scotland.
Twickenham Stadium awaits England on February 22 and England will be looking to turn the tables on 2013 Grand Slam winners Ireland – who defeated England 25-0 last season. Kick-off is at 6:30pm and rugby fans can watch the match for free with free entry to the stadium after the men’s RBS 6 Nations clash against the same opponents.
On March 7 England return to the Harlequins Stoop for their final home game of the championship where they take on Wales. England’s final game is against Italy on March 16 at the Stadio Giulio e Silvio Pagani in Rovato.
England Head Coach Gary Street said: “The Six Nations championship is always incredibly exciting and I certainly don’t think this season’s tournament is going to be any different, especially in a World Cup year.
“Results didn’t go our way last season, and we were disappointed to finish third but our young squad learned a lot and we are certainly looking to come back out fighting in February and do all we can to regain our Six Nations crown. That certainly isn’t going to be easy, especially with our first game away in France, but we are up for the challenge.
“We are also really excited about playing our two home games at Twickenham Stadium, against the reigning Six Nations champions Ireland, and at the Twickenham Stoop against our fierce rivals Wales. They are going to be two fantastic matches. ”
England Women's 2014 Six Nations Fixtures:
- February 1 – France v England, Stade des Alpes in Grenoble, kick-off 7:55pm GMT
- February 9 – Scotland v England, Aberdeen Grammar Rugby, kick-off 2pm
- February 22 – England v Ireland, Twickenham Stadium, kick-off 6:30pm. Free entry to Twickenham Stadium following England Men v Ireland. Live on BBC Sport.
- March 7 – England v Wales, The Twickenham Stoop, kick-off 7pm. Tickets are available from Thursday, November 14, at at 9am, via www.ticketmaster.co.uk (0844 847 2492) and www.quins.co.uk (0208 410 6000). Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for Under 16s.
- March 16 – Italy v England, Stadio Giulio e Silvio Pagani, Rovato, kick-off 2pm GMT