- Four new names in revised squad
- “Our emphasis is on performing to our potential” – Head Coach Nick Walshe
Photo: Getty Images
England Under-20s Head Coach Nick Walshe have made four changes to his squad as the 2013 Junior World Championship winners hunt a fourth successive Six Nations title.
Hooker Tom Woolstencroft (Bath Rugby), wing Tom Collins (Northampton), full back Aaron Morris (Bedford Blues) and centre Max Stelling (Worcester Warriors) replace Cameron Neild (Sale Sharks), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), George Catchpole (Leicester Tigers) and Jordan Burns (Harlequins) respectively.
England kick off the defence of their title away against France before facing Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Italy.
Walshe said: “We’re looking forward to this Six Nations – we have a young squad, but a strong squad with players who have considerable experience at this level, and our emphasis is on performing to our potential.
“We head over to France for the opening game and we know how tough it will be. With three away fixtures it’s always going to be a challenge, but it’s one I feel we have prepared well for and are looking forward to.”
Stuart Lancaster’s 35-man RBS 6 Nations training squad contains nine graduates from the Under 20 programme in the last three seasons, a fact Walshe is proud of.
He added: “It is fantastic to see the likes of Antony Watson, Jack Nowell and Henry Slade graduate to the England Senior teams so soon after representing the Under 20s. It is a real testament to the programme and hopefully many more will follow over the coming years."
England Under-20s EPS (32)
James Chisholm (Harlequins)
Joel Conlon (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Ellis (Bath Rugby)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
Paul Hill (Leeds Carnegie)
Jonny Hill (Gloucester Rugby)
Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi (Northampton Saints)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
Gus Jones (London Wasps)
Lewis Ludlow (Gloucester Rugby)
Alex Lundberg (London Wasps)
Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby)
Will Owen (Leicester Tigers)
Harry Rudkin (Leicester Tigers)
Harry Thacker (Leicester Tigers)
Scott Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)
Tom Woolstencroft (Bath Rugby)
Callum Braley (Bristol Rugby)
Billy Burns (Gloucester Rugby)
Tom Collins (Northampton Saints)
Nathan Earle (Saracens)
Louis Grimoldby (Harlequins)
Zach Kibirige (Newcastle Falcons)
Aaron Morris (Bedford Blues)
Sam Olver (Northampton Saints)
Howard Packman (Northampton Saints)
Henry Purdy (Leicester Tigers)
Harry Sloan (Harlequins)
Tom Stephenson (Northampton Saints)
Max Stelling (Worcester Warriors)
Nick Tompkins (Saracens)
Stuart Townsend (Exeter Chiefs)
England Under-20s Six Nations fixtures
- Friday, January 31: France Under-20s v England Under-20, Stade Leo Lagrange, Draguignan (7.55pm)
- Friday, February 7: Scotland Under-20s v England Under-20s, Netherdale, Galashiels (7.30pm)
- Saturday, February 22: England Under-20s v Ireland Under-20s, Franklin’s Gardens, Northampton (6.15pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Friday March 7: England Under-20s v Wales Under-20s, Kingston Park, Newcastle (7.45pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Friday March 14: Italy Under-20s v England Under-20s, Campo Comunale La Colombera, Brescia (kick off TBC)