- Earlier evening kick-off times released for Rugby World Cup 2015
- Schedule changes announced ahead of general ticket sale in September
Photo: Getty Images
Rugby World Cup Limited and England Rugby 2015 Limited have announced an updated match schedule for Rugby World Cup 2015, which will take place across 13 venues in England and Wales from September 18 to October 31.
Following further consultation with international broadcasters changes to the schedule have been agreed, delivering earlier evening kick-off times for attending fans and a stronger global broadcast platform for rugby's showcase event.
- The Rugby World Cup 2015 Final at Twickenham on October 31 moves from 17:00 to 16:00
- All Twickenham quarter-finals and semi-finals also move from 17:00 to 16:00
- All pool matches that were previously scheduled to kick off at 17:00 now kick off at 16:45, ensuring consistency across the tournament for fans
In total, three match days see fixtures switch order:
- September 19: France's Pool D match against Italy at Twickenham kicks off at 20:00 with South Africa's opening Pool B match against the Asia 1 qualifier in Brighton kicking off at 16:45
- October 1: Wales' Pool A match against the Oceania 1 qualifier in Cardiff kicks off at 16:45 with France v Canada in Milton Keynes kicking off at 20:00
- October 17: Quarter-final 1 at Twickenham kicks off at 16:00 with quarter-final 2 at the Millennium Stadium kicking off at 20:00
Download the revised match schedule here (PDF 908kB).
The announcement comes with event preparations firmly on track to deliver an unforgettable experience for more than two million fans in stadia and those in over 200 television territories.
The updated schedule has been announced ahead of tickets going on general sale in September, enabling fans to begin their preparations in earnest to attend and watch the feast of rugby.