Director of Rugby
The Director of Rugby course has been developed by the RFU in partnership with the Ashridge Sport and Business Initiative to develop and support a generation of dynamic and inspirational leaders for the game. It is aimed at those leading rugby programmes in clubs, schools, Colleges and Universities.
The course will develop leadership and management themes, but set them firmly in an applied rugby context.
The course will be delivered over four days, taking in four modules. The first two modules will be delivered on consecutive days, with residential accommodation provided within the cost. Modules 3 and 4 will be delivered on single days giving space for application of learning and critical reflection and analysis. It is envisaged that each cohort will become an ongoing Community of Learning, sharing practice and experience for years to come and the RFU intends to help facilitate this.
The content will be delivered as follows:
- The DOR Role
- What is Success; Vision, Mission, Values
- Stakeholder Mapping and Engagement
- Change Management
- Leadership Models & Style
- Conflict Management and Influencing
- Managing Performance & Developing People
- Players, Coaches & Support staff
- Succession Planning – Captains, Leaders
The content will be delivered by:
- Nick Scott – National Coaching Development Manager
- Gary Henderson - Head of Game Development
- Ian Bell – Ashridge
Places are limited – apply online and send a full CV either electronically to email@example.com or by post to Lisa Sketchley, Game Development, Rugby House, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham TW2 7BA.
For information on course dates and location, download the following PDF (130kB).