RFU Young Leaders Camp
Photo: RFU Archive
The RFU is looking for 72 of the country’s top young leaders to further their development at the RFU National Young Leaders Camp on August 10-12 at Clifton Campus, Nottingham Trent University, before continuing their volunteering by joining their local vRugby team. Attendance at the camp is completely free of charge and includes all accomodation, workshops and meals).
The application deadline is June 2, 2010, and if you are interested, please post a completed Young Leaders Camp application form (MS Word DOC 415kB) to: Young Leaders Camp, FAO Paula Hanson, Rugby House, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA. Or email a completed Young Leaders Camp application form (MS Word DOC 415kB) to: vRugby@therfu.com
What is the National Young Leaders Camp?
- The National Young Leaders Camp is a three day camp that hosts 80 of the best 16-19 year old young leaders within Rugby Union
- 72 young people from across the country will gather at Nottingham Trent University for three action-packed days from August 10-12 2010
- The camp focuses on the development of leadership skills through sport, offering a good blend of practical and theory-based sessions
- After the camp, our Young Leaders will go on to join their local vRugby team as Club Activators and lead vRugby projects at their local clubs
Who is eligible for the camp?
To be eligible, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be 16-19yrs old at the time of the camp
- Be actively volunteering in rugby union within a club/school/college
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to developing your skills and experience
What happens during the three day camp?
Photo: RFU Archive
The Camp will be run by staff from the RFU and the programme offers a range of leadership activities and workshops, including:
- Running a club
- Team building
- Improvised games
- Rugby coaching
- vRugby training
- Rugby refereeing
- Youth at the table
- Presentation skills
- Personal development plans
There is also time built in for relaxation and evening social activities, co-ordinated by trained staff.
What are the benefits of getting involved?
- Learn new skills to help young people in rugby
- Be part of a project that will really make a difference and look great on your CV
- Be given branded clothing to wear while taking part in the camp
- An exciting opportunity to put your views forward to members of the Community Rugby National Youth Council. Getting the youth voice heard at the RFU
How to apply?
If you are interested, please post a completed Young Leaders Camp application form (MS Word DOC 415kB) to: Young Leaders Camp, FAO Paula Hanson, Rugby House, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA. Or email a completed Young Leaders Camp application form (MS Word DOC 415kB) to: vRugby@therfu.com
Please note the application deadline is June 2, 2010. Please contact the RFU community rugby department with any queries.