IRB Registered Drug Testing Pool
Photo: Getty Images
The IRB’s International Testing Pool includes a set number of IRB Member Unions and their players in both the 15s and 7s disciplines of the Game.
Players in the pool are subject to individual out of competition testing and provide the following information to the RFU and IRB on a quarterly basis:
- The address where they are residing -which can include home, temporary lodgings, hotel or holiday accommodation
- A complete and accurate mailing address for any correspondence
- Training information including times and locations for both club and national squad training sessions and organised team activities
- Times and locations of other regular activities such as work or study
- Match or tournament schedules.
If players fail to provide accurate and timely information in this pool then they may be elevated into the IRB International Registered Testing Pool where further non-compliance can result in sanctions of between one and two year bans.
Any player in the IRB International Testing Pool can update their Player Whereabouts information via firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the IRB International Testing Pool, please consult the IRB Guide to Player Whereabouts (PDF 639kB).