Rugby has been played in Jersey since 1879 with breaks for war and the Nazi occupation, but the modern era started when the club acquired the land for a permanent home near the airport in 1961. The original wooden clubhouse was built in 1964 and its approximate location was in the middle of the Jersey Bowl car park. From the early 1970s, when tourism on the island was at its peak, Jersey attracted many of rugby's top clubs who could combine a break from their regular fixtures with a game against the JRFC.
The current clubhouse was opened in September 1994 and corresponded approximately with the start of the leagues. In the summer of 2010 there were two additions to the ground facilities. The Lord Jersey Stand was built between the 1st XV pitch and the airport road and, the Pavilion with kitchen and bar was built to the east of the main club house.
The club have become renowned for their success climbing up the league tables, winning National League 2 South in 2010 and SSE National League 1 in 2011. This season sees the club enter the RFU Championship for the first time.
Jersey Rugby Football Club
Rue des Landes
T: 01534 499929