Are all players ready to form a scrum including scrum half with ball?
- Are teams at the same height?
- Are they a correct distance? (not too close or too far away)
- Are players of the same side bound correctly?
- Props reach out and bind on the body of the opposition player
- Binds are correct not on the arm or floor
- Heads are in the right place (not head to head)
- Neither team is moving over the referee’s mark
- Teams come together to form a scrum on the referees invitation
- Players who change bind do so without breaking the law
- The scrum is square and stationary
- The ball is thrown in straight so that both teams can strike if they choose