Ticket Distribution Conditions
The Rugby Football Union ("the RFU") and its authorised distributors sell and issue tickets for events at the stadium at Rugby Road, Twickenham ("the Stadium") only upon these Ticket Distribution Conditions and, by applying for a ticket, the prospective acquirer ("the purchaser") shall be deemed to have accepted the following Conditions:
- A ticket may not be resold or transferred, save if more than one ticket is issued to a purchaser, such tickets may be used only by the purchaser and a person accompanying the purchaser to the Stadium and there shall be no resale or transfer of a ticket at above face value. Tickets cannot be advertised for transfer or sale. However, these Conditions are not contravened
- by provision of an additional ticket by a purchaser to such accompanying person free of charge, provided that such person accompanies the purchaser to the Stadium and does not transfer the ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, if the purchaser is a sponsor, such "accompanying person" must be a guest of such sponsor; or
- if the purchaser is an RFU-licensed hospitality provider, by the provision of a ticket by such operator as part of a package which includes the provision of corporate hospitality services.
- A ticket entitles the holder, subject to compliance with these Conditions in all respects, to admission to the Stadium for the event, to occupy the seat in question and to no additional entitlements.
The RFU sells and issues tickets for events only through the RFU's authorised ticket sales outlets and its authorised distributors.
- Any ticket acquired in breach of any of these Conditions shall be null and void ("unlawful ticket") and all rights conferred or evidenced by such unlawful ticket shall be extinguished. The RFU shall be entitled to refuse to admit the holder of an unlawful ticket to the Stadium for the event (and for one or more future events or for a fixed term) and may eject such holder from the Stadium even after admission. Any breach of these Conditions by the purchaser and/or any distributor which supplies the ticket to the purchaser shall constitute a breach by the distributor of the Ticket Application Conditions which the distributor has accepted.
- A ticket may not be used as a prize or as part of any competition or promotional or other similar activity or as part of any hospitality or travel or other commercial package which has not been approved by the RFU in writing.
- Where a ticket has been lost or stolen, the RFU should be notified immediately and shall, subject to ascertaining and verifying the circumstances in which the ticket holder was in possession of the ticket and of the loss or theft of the ticket, issue a duplicate ticket to the ticket holder. If the RFU issues a duplicate ticket, the original ticket will become automatically invalid.
- The RFU will do all that it reasonably can to ensure the event takes place at the scheduled date and time. However, events cannot be guaranteed to take place on any such date or at any such time and tickets are sold subject to the RFU's right to alter the event programme and to reschedule its advertised events due to circumstances beyond its control. Should the event be cancelled, the RFU will refund the face value of the ticket to the distributor in question for onward transmission to the purchaser. Should the event be abandoned before or after commencement or kick-off and if it is possible to reschedule the event, a ticket holder will be entitled to attend the rescheduled event or (if a ticket holder elects) the RFU will refund the face value of the ticket to the distributor in question for onward transmission to the purchaser. The RFU is entitled to re-issue a ticket in respect of a rescheduled event. If the RFU re-issues a ticket for a rescheduled event, the original ticket will become automatically invalid. If a ticket is not re-issued in respect of a rescheduled event, the ticket shall be valid for the date on which the event is rescheduled.
- Each purchaser must complete a ticket application form.
- Save as set out below, tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and refunds will not be made on returned tickets unless the RFU is in breach of its obligations to the ticket holder whether under these Ticket Distribution Conditions or otherwise. For Grade A matches (RBS 6 Nations matches or matches against South Africa, New Zealand and Australia), the Ticket Office will accept tickets returned from Clubs, Constituent Bodies, Schools, Referee Societies and Sponsors (Applicants) and issue a refund (provided the tickets are returned strictly no later than the date reasonably specified by the RFU to enable the tickets to be reissued). The Ticket Office will accept tickets returned from individuals to whom an Applicant has issued the tickets and issue a refund (provided they are returned either before the match day or up to 60 minutes before kick-off and exclusively on behalf of the individual concerned and not on behalf of the Applicant or any other person, firm, company or rugby body). In respect of all returns, the refund will be issued to the Applicant to which the tickets were originally allocated. Please note that each ticket returned on a match day is subject to an administration charge of £5 and proof of identity of the person returning the ticket may be required. For non-Grade A matches, tickets are not returnable.
- Every ticket remains the property of the RFU at all times.
These Ticket Distribution Conditions incorporate: (i) the Terms of Admission
of Ticket Holders to the Stadium; and (ii) the RFU Ground Rules