Adrian Stoop's Cap
We have chosen this Harlequins cap from the 1909-10 season as the first of our object of the month series for 2011.
Photo: World Rugby Museum
The cap was owned by Adrian Stoop who played for Harlequins 182 times between 1901 and 1939.
The team's current ground is named after him.
The original club was known as Hampstead Football Club, and was founded in 1866.
The name was changed in 1870, and according to the club's history the name 'Harlequins' was chosen from a dictionary because the HFC monogram had to be kept.
The Harlequin character, with its diamond costume and mask, is now the team emblem and along with the club's colourful jersey, the Quins have one of the most distinctive kits in Premiership rugby.